Tuesday 11 January 2011

Roles within our group.

As a two person group, we cannot distrubute all the roles individually and we must both contribute to everything, but personally, being very in touch and familiar with technology and editing software, I will be doing the majority of editing, I can follow clearly how we want it to be and I will be using Final Cut Express and Imovie, both of which I have personally on my laptop to edit all of our footage. Katharine watches lots of films and listens to lots of music, she is very clear about what she wants and has no trouble picking out music from memory to suit the mood, also her definite judgement on films means that she knows what will look good with shots and camera, so she will be doing most of the directing. But for camera, lights and all the other roles we will both pitch in where need be and do what we can when the situation is suited. Also she will be helping me edit, not in the actual editing, but as I said she knows what she wants and we can work together for the best outcome. I consider myself quite a fast and good editor, it is something I take a knack too and also I quite enjoy it, I like having the software myself so I dont have to rely on being in school to use the computers, also we have our own camera, and props so we are very indipendant.

1 comment:

  1. I like that fact both of your are pretty much equally sharing all the roles, as that may be a tough job to do. I think a useful thing to add would be a break down, such as Your name, then all the jobs you take more of a responsiblilty to than Katharine, and vice verse.

    ReplyDelete