Tuesday 4 January 2011

Task 7.

This is my personal answer to the chart given. Although there are a few questions that get raised while I do this. Why is Neighbours, a specific show but in amongst genres of show like soap, quiz and news? Surely Neighbours comes under 'Soap'? Also I think the use of this chart could be extended to most if not all aspects of the media, web shows, radio shows, newspapers and books, and films. After spreading my updated chart:
around to family and friends (of roughly the same age range) over the internet, I made a final copy with the most popular, most occurring and average answers:
Okay so the outcome was very predictable, the first thing I notice was the unbroken column of 'yes' to 'Do people I know 'use' it', This is because shows and routines of watching shows trend within groups of people such as families and friend groups, it shows that the target audiences of the shows are accurate and successful, and that shows spread quickly and communities form and become closer.
 I find that the use of a programme by its viewers is not determined by the viewer but by the show, for example, no-one watches the news because they can relate to characters, and no-one watches kids programmes for information. But then depending on what kind of person each individual viewer is, effects what programmes they watch in order to satisfy the needs created by the personality and fulfilled by the uses. (It makes sense to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment